Friday 18 June 2010

Book Review: Horizons of Cosmology by Joseph Silk

Just a quick announcement that my review of "Horizons of Cosmology" by Joseph Silk is now available online at the Astronomy Now website.

It's an excellent book (bar my one criticism, which you'll find in the link - but which does not in any way detract from the many wonderful things). It was also the reason for this blog post about Dark Matter. Seriously, I was just reading it on the train and when that sudden burst of understanding arrived, I practically leapt up and danced for joy. Not being one to want to intrigue my fellow passengers that much (and too lazy anyway), I texted umpteen people instead!


Anyway, I thoroughly recommend it. To the extent that I got it for a friend for his birthday. Give it a read if you want to know about dark matter, dark energy, galaxy evolution and the Big Bang. But not if you want a basic introduction to astronomy.

No comments: